Friday, November 1, 2019

MEDJUGORJE - THE SHOPPING PARADISE

A beautiful souvenir shop in Medjugorje

Medjugorje is a shopping haven for those who wish to buy Christian religious souvenirs (crucifixes, rosaries, prayer beads, religious books, postcards, statues, pendant necklaces, etc.) at the best possible prices. There are many options for shopping in Medjugorje and you need not go very far as there are many souvenir shops located within walking distance from St. James Church. Many Medjugorje hotels are located near St. James Church, so if you stay in a hotel within walking distance from St. James Church, traveling around is not a problem as you can easily walk to your favorite destinations.

I always love to go shopping because that is my favorite hobby. Buying something new makes me feel happy and confident. When I was in Medjugorje, I really had a wonderful time shopping for religious souvenirs. The reasons why I love to shop for religious souvenirs in Medjugorje are:

  • these things are not only beautiful but have good quality
  • they are unique and cannot be found elsewhere in this world
  • the prices are reasonable
  • great variety - there are so many different types of souvenirs to choose from
  • friendly service
  • beautiful shops and so many of them selling religious souvenirs - something you cannot find in Malaysia

I feel so proud of the religious souvenirs I bought in Medjugorje. Now, there is a 'Little Medjugorje' in my bedroom which always makes me feel that I am a part of Medjugorje. I enjoy reciting the rosary in Croatian every night whilst looking at my 'Little Medjugorje' and I am so used to it now that I find it almost impossible to pray the rosary in English. Once in a while, I also recite the rosary in French but I still prefer the rosary in Croatian.

The 'Little Medjugorje' in my bedroom

The marble statue of the Queen of Peace (in front of St. James Church) is the symbol of Medjugorje. Look at my statues of the Queen of Peace - they still look brand new after some years.

The Crosses & statue of the Queen of Peace. 

The Krizevac Cross and statue of the risen Christ. Good quality objects - the two Krizevac crosses (in the photo above) do not turn yellow after so many years.

Pendant necklaces

Every souvenir holds big memories of Medjugorje

Medjugorje books



Rosary boxes - I bought ten of them because they are so beautiful and unique

Rosary made from Apparition Hill stones

Crystal Rosary (in the photo above) - I can't find something like this in Malaysia

I bought this rosary one evening, on my way to St. James Church, after climbing Mount Krizevac. 



Medjugorje has the best rosaries in the world.

My Medjugorje postcard album










I also love to shop for postcards in Medjugorje and I'm proud of my Medjugorje postcard album.

No comments:

Post a Comment