The State of Virginity

The State of Virginity
I should like you to be free of all worries. The unmarried man is busy with the Lord's affairs, concerned with pleasing the Lord; but the married man is busy with this world's demands and occupied with pleasing his wife. This means he is divided. The virgin - indeed, any unmarried woman - is concerned with things of the Lord, in pursuit of holiness in body and spirit. The married woman, on the other hand, has the cares of this world to absorb her and concerned with pleasing her husband. I am going into this with you for your own good. I have no desire to place restrictions on you, but I do want to promote what is good, what will help you to devote yourselves entirely to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

Monday, April 26, 2010

IS MEDJUGORJE A HOAX AND A MONEY MAKING SCAM?

For weeks I have not really been writing anything for my blog because I really couldn't find the time. But I will try to write something tonight with the little time I have. I appreciate comments from my readers but please DO NOT decorate your comments with links to obscene sites. This is supposed to be a Catholic blog. Recently there were some comments in chinese with obscene links. I can't read chinese and I had to ask my brother to translate it for me and he said that it was alright to publish those comments. It was not until later that I discovered the obscene links in those comments. What a shame! I have already deleted all these obscene comments.

What prompted me to write tonight's article? I have been browsing the web looking for Medjugorje articles. As usual, I came across many negative things about Medjugorje. The question I would like to answer tonight is, "Is Medjugorje a hoax and a money making scam?"

Before I proceed any further, I would like to ask these questions? Are we being deceived by Medjugorje? Why do we go to Medjugorje in the first place? To pray and to spend some precious moments with the Lord. To be with our Blessed Mother and to share some beautiful moments with Her. To spend some quiet moments pondering over our lives. To ask the Lord and His Blessed Mother what they want from us. To experience the peace that we seldom find back home. Can we say that we are being deceived to do such things? Well, I would say that it's a great blessing to be able to get so close to Jesus and our Blessed Mother in this holy place. And of course no one can force us to do these things if we don't want to.

The reason why I went to Medjugorje is clearly explained in my first article in this blog. I didn't go there because of what the visionaries said. In fact I am not really interested in what they say. I am more interested in what is happening in Medjugorje. I went there because Our Lady has personally invited me to be with her in this place of grace. If our Blessed Mother wants us to be there, we will get there somehow. Anyone can say, "Look, Our Lady is here" or "She is there" but your instinct will guide you to the truth. Just follow your instinct and do what is right. It is not for anyone to tell me that Our Lady is here or there. It was the feeling of her presence in Medjugorje that brought me to this place. I suppose the same applies to all those who have been to Medjugorje. If someone were to tell you that there is a goddess in the moon you would not believe it until you have found proof to it. We are not fools. We all have brains and we know what is right and wrong.

Is Medjugorje really a money making scam? What kind of money making scam is Medjugorje involved in? Surely there is nothing wrong making an honest living providing food and lodging for the pilgrims? Surely there is nothing wrong selling souvenirs to the pilgrims? Whether it is Lourdes or Fatima or the Vatican City, the pilgrims need a place to stay and they need food. They would only be too glad if they could find a wonderful hotel where they can stay comfortably and enjoy good food. Nobody wants to live on the streets with all those luggage. Nobody wants to bring along instant noodles and do their own cooking on the streets in Medjugorje. I wouldn't want to camp on the streets and cook instant noodles for my meals. That would be most unpleasant.

Come to think of it, I had a comfortable stay in Medjugorje. I had a beautiful and spacious hotel room with a beautiful scenery and good food to eat. I was glad that I had so many things to buy there - thanks to the beautiful souvenir shops. When I saw the souvenir shops and so many of them too, my heart really leapt with joy. I am so proud of the Medjugorje books and souvenirs that I brought home with me. My room is full of them and they always make me feel close to Medjugorje. I would be really sad if I couldn't do any shopping in Medjugorje. I would hate to return home empty handed.

No one forces us to go to Medjugorje. We go there out of our own free will. In fact we should be thankful to the people of Medjugorje for making our stay there so pleasant, comfortable and enjoyable. They are only making an honest living. They have never forced us to part with our money. And they are very honest people. They never ask for more than they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment