Monday, April 26, 2010

IS MEDJUGORJE A HOAX AND A MONEY MAKING SCAM?

Our Lady of Medjugorje

For weeks I have not really been writing anything for my blog because I really couldn't find the time. But I will try to write something tonight with the little time I have. What prompted me to write tonight's article? I have been browsing the web looking for articles about Medjugorje, and, as usual, I came across many negative things about Medjugorje. The question I would like to answer tonight is, "Is Medjugorje a hoax and a money making scam?"

Before I proceed any further, I would like to ask these questions? Are we being deceived by Medjugorje? Why do we go to Medjugorje in the first place? To pray and to spend some precious moments with the Lord. To be with our Blessed Mother and to share some beautiful moments with Her. To spend some quiet moments pondering over our lives and to find ourselves. To ask the Lord and His Blessed Mother what they want from us. To experience the peace that we seldom find back home. Can we say that we are being deceived to do such things? Well, I would say that it's a great blessing to be able to get so close to Jesus and our Blessed Mother in this holy place. And of course no one can force us to do these things if we don't want to.

The reason why I went to Medjugorje is clearly explained in my first article on this blog and I do not wish to reiterate here. Suffice it to say, Our Lady has personally invited me to be with her in this place of grace. If our Blessed Mother wants us to be there, we will get there somehow. Anyone can say anything about Medjugorje but your instinct will guide you to the truth. Just follow your instinct and do what is right. It is not for anyone to tell me that the visionaries are telling lies or telling the truth as I always look at the evidence from both sides. Finally, it was the feeling of Our Lady's presence in Medjugorje that brought me to this place - I have not been duped. I suppose the same applies to all those who have been to Medjugorje. If someone were to tell you that there is a goddess in the moon, I am sure you would not believe it until you have found proof of it. We are not fools. We all have brains and we can know what is right and wrong by listening to our conscience.

In Medjugorje, I could see the pilgrims praying the rosary everywhere - in the Church, on their way to the shops, while they were climbing Podbrdo Hill and Mount Krizevac, and while they were on their way to the Church. Those who seldom pray would suddenly find themselves praying for hours each day and those who seldom attend Church would attend Church several times a day. Why? Because this is the way of life in Medjugorje as it is not possible not to pray or attend Church in Medjugorje. These are the good fruits of Medjugorje and it would certainly be unfair to say that the pilgrims are duped into saying their prayers or going to Church. 

What about the Medjugorje conversion stories? Many pilgrims who have visited Medjugorje discovered that their faith was rekindled and are now happier with their lives. Is this a hoax or a scam? And what about their great experience of peace and the grace they have received from Our Lady during their amazing journey to Medjugorje? Is this what is meant by the Medjugorje deception? Well, if Medjugorje can make us profoundly wiser, better, and more religious, then, what is wrong with this place? Why the controversy? My advice is - follow your heart. That was what I did and my heart brought me there. And I have never regretted my pilgrimage to Medjugorje because I found myself there. Our Lady of Medjugore has been appearing to the visionaries for nearly 30 years since 24 June 1981 - is that not enough to stand the test of time?

Is Medjugorje really a money making scam? What kind of money making scam is Medjugorje involved in? Surely there is nothing wrong making an honest living providing food and lodging for the pilgrims? Do you know that Medjugorje has the cheapest hotels in the world? And surely there is nothing wrong selling souvenirs to the pilgrims at reasonable and affordable prices? Whether it is Lourdes or Fatima or the Vatican City, the pilgrims need a place to stay and they need food. They will only be too glad if they can find a wonderful hotel where they can stay comfortably and enjoy good food. Nobody wants to live on the streets with all those luggage. Nobody wants to bring along instant noodles and do their own cooking on the streets in Medjugorje. I wouldn't want to camp on the streets and cook instant noodles for my meals. That would be most unpleasant. And talking about the souvenir shops in Medjugorje, they really made me very excited because I am a shopping addict! Without those souvenir shops, life would be very dull and boring as I am the kind of person who enjoys looking at the things I buy after going on a shopping spree and feeling happy just looking at these things.

Come to think of it, I had a comfortable stay in Medjugorje. I had a beautiful and spacious hotel room with a beautiful scenery and good food to eat. I was glad that I had so many things to buy there and have enjoyed my shopping very much - thanks to the beautiful souvenir shops. I always become very much alive whenever I go shopping. When I saw the souvenir shops and so many of them too, my heart really leapt with joy. I am so proud of the Medjugorje books and souvenirs that I brought home with me. My room is full of them and they always make me feel close to Medjugorje. What if there were no souvenir shops in Medjugorje? As a great shopper, I would be really sad if I couldn't do any shopping in Medjugorje. I would hate to return home empty handed.

No one forces us to go to Medjugorje. We go there out of our own free will. In fact we should be thankful to the people of Medjugorje for making our stay there so pleasant, comfortable and enjoyable. They are only making an honest living. They have never tricked us to go there or forced us to part with our money. And they are very honest people. They have never asked for more than they deserve. 

Thanks for reading. You may also like to read IS MEDJUGORJE A SATANIC CULT?MEDJUGORJE: FAITH OR FRAUD?THE MIRACLES OF MEDJUGORJETESTIMONY OF FATHER LUKA SUSAC; and TESTIMONY OF FATHER UMBERTO LONCAR. To view the content page of this blog, please click here



1 comment:

  1. all very well making a living from a false apparisition?

    ReplyDelete