The State of Virginity

The State of Virginity
I should like you to be free of all worries. The unmarried man is busy with the Lord's affairs, concerned with pleasing the Lord; but the married man is busy with this world's demands and occupied with pleasing his wife. This means he is divided. The virgin - indeed, any unmarried woman - is concerned with things of the Lord, in pursuit of holiness in body and spirit. The married woman, on the other hand, has the cares of this world to absorb her and concerned with pleasing her husband. I am going into this with you for your own good. I have no desire to place restrictions on you, but I do want to promote what is good, what will help you to devote yourselves entirely to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

Friday, October 16, 2009

INSIDE THE WAXWORKS MUSEUM - MUSEE DE CIRE, LOURDES














Musee de Cire is devoted entirely to a religious theme. The museum is located at number 87, rue de la Grotte, 65100 Lourdes. Above are some of the photos which I took in the museum. It is a place worth visiting. You will like this museum for its quality and authenticity.

This waxworks museum is dedicated exclusively to the lives of Jesus and St' Bernadette. Here, you can see more than 100 life-size wax figures illustrating the main events of their lives. There are altogether 18 scenes representing several episodes in St' Bernadette's life, the first apparition, and various biblical scenes. The Last Supper, based on Leonardo da Vinci's painting, is one of the museum's highlights.

When I was in the museum, I couldn't help feeling that I was in another world - as though I was living during the time of our Lord as well as sharing the life of St' Bernadette.

No comments:

Post a Comment