Friday, September 18, 2009

SAYING GOODBYE TO MEDJUGORJE




Even when I was packing the night before I left Medjugorje my heart was filled with sadness. I was rather reluctant to pack that night. In my heart I regretted very much for not buying the statue of Jesus that day. I really liked it very much. It was quite a big one, about 2 feet, and I was wondering how I could take it home without breaking it. I have already bought a statue of Our Lady of Medjugorje and two statues would be too heavy for my hand luggage. And the two Krizevac Crosses, the blue cross, the wooden cross, the metal cross and all the other breakable souvenirs ... I had to bring them home with great care too! And the books that I bought at the bookshop near St' James Church - there were so many of them (but of course they are unbreakable and much easier to handle). That's why I said that Medjugorje is a shopper's paradise. There are so many things to buy that you can never finish buying all the things that you want to buy.

I can never forget the day I said goodbye to Medugorje. It was one of the saddest days in my life. I had an early breakfast that day and left for Sarajevo at about 8.00 a.m. On the way to the airport I took some photos with my camera. As you can see in this blog, these photos are nothing glamorous but they are very precious to me because they make up a part of my Medjugorje trip. And it was in Medjugorje that I discovered the meaning and purpose of life.

As my car was approaching the airport, I knew that I could never escape the fact that it was time to go home. In my heart, I was praying to our Lady of Medjugorje asking her to take me to Medjugorje again and again and again in the future. And I asked her to let me know what I could do for Medjugorje (Please click here to view the contents page of this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment