Thursday, April 22, 2010

QUOTATIONS FROM THE BIBLE

The Bible: Authorized King James Version with Apocrypha (Oxford World's Classics)

There are moments in life when we are depressed and feel that we are going nowhere because life has lost its meaning and purpose. Whether it is failure in an examination, losing a job, illness, death of a loved one, divorce or broken relationships, these can be very stressful and discouraging to all those involved. The words of the Bible are often sought when we need guidance and strength as they clearly remind us of God's promises and presence. Reading inspirational Bible verses is an excellent way to tide over the unfavorable circumstances in life and restart one's life all over again. Have faith and strengthen your relationship with God and and you will see light at the end of the tunnel. In this article, I would like to share 30 inspirational Bible verses and quotes with my readers. I hope that these would uplift their spirit and help them to keep on going with life no matter how hopeless or bleak the world seems to be. Remember, never give up because God is always by your side.


Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and my courage, and he has been my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise Him; the God of my father, and I will exalt him.

Deuteronomy 20:4
For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies and give you victory.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never leave you or forsake you.

Joshua 1:9
I command you: be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

Psalm 37:5-6
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him; and he will bring it to pass. He will make justice dawn for you like the light, and your vindication like the noonday sun.

Psalm: 37:12-15
The wicked plot against the righteous, and gnashes his teeth at them. But the Lord laughs at the wicked: for he sees that his day is coming. The wicked draw the sword, and bend their bows, to bring down the affiliated and the needy, and to slaughter those whose path is right. But their swords shall pierce their own hearts, and their bows shall be broken.

Psalm 37:18-20
The Lord watches over the life of the wholehearted; their inheritance will endure forever. They are not put to shame in times of disaster; and in the days of famine they will have plenty. But the wicked will perish, and the enemies of the Lord, like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed; they will vanish like smoke.

Psalm 37:39-40
The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord: he is their stronghold in times of trouble. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and saves them, because they take refuge in him.

Psalm 46:2-4
God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled and the mountains shake with their surging. The Lord of hosts is with us; our stronghold is the God of Jacob.

Psalm 49:16-19
Do not be dismayed when the wicked become rich, when the wealth of their homes is increased; For when they die, they shall carry nothing away: their wealth shall not descend after them. Though while they lived they counted themselves blessed: and men praised them for doing well for themselves. They shall join the generation of their fathers; they shall never see light.

Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is that your promise gives me life.

Psalm 121:7-8
The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will watch over your life. The Lord will watch over your coming and your going, both now and forever. 

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.

Isaiah 12:2
God indeed is my savior; I will trust and not be afraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has become my salvation.

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the water, I will be with you; in the rivers you will not drown. When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched; the flames will not burn you.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future full of hope."

Lamentations 3:22-23
The Lord's love never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; They are renewed each morning, great is your faithfulness.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 17:20
Jesus said to them, "Because you have so little faith. I assure you, if your faith is as big a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible for you."

Mark 10:27
Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

John 14:27
Peace I leave you, my peace I give you. I do not give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid.

John 15:13
No one has greater love than this, to lay down his life for his friends.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Be steadfast and persevering, my beloved brothers, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
That is why we never give up. Though outwardly we are perishing, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our present troubles are small, they won't last long, they are preparing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison. So we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me.

2 Timothy 4:17
But the Lord stood by my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the nations might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's jaws. The Lord will rescue me from all attempts to do me harm and bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.

James 1:2-4
My brothers and sisters, consider it pure joy when you are involved in every sort of trial. For you know that when your faith is tested, this would give you endurance. Let endurance come to its perfection so that you may be perfect and complete, and lacking in nothing.

1 Peter 5:10
The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you.


You may also like to read LOURDES: MIRACLES AND THE MIRACULOUSLY HEALEDFootprints in the SandTHE MIRACLES OF MEDJUGORJE; and MIRACLES OF JESUS. To view the content page of this blog, please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment