The State of Virginity

The State of Virginity
I should like you to be free of all worries. The unmarried man is busy with the Lord's affairs, concerned with pleasing the Lord; but the married man is busy with this world's demands and occupied with pleasing his wife. This means he is divided. The virgin - indeed, any unmarried woman - is concerned with things of the Lord, in pursuit of holiness in body and spirit. The married woman, on the other hand, has the cares of this world to absorb her and concerned with pleasing her husband. I am going into this with you for your own good. I have no desire to place restrictions on you, but I do want to promote what is good, what will help you to devote yourselves entirely to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

Thursday, February 18, 2010

THANK YOU ST ANTHONY


The grace that blossoms from the tombs of the elect is a continuous proclamation of truth. By it, God confounds the malice of heresy, confirms the truth of Catholic doctrine, renews the faith that is on the point of being extinguished and brings back erring Christians and even unbelievers to the feet of him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. (In praise of St. Anthony, Pope Gregory IX).

In times of trouble, St. Anthony always guides me. He nevers fails to assist me whenever I call on him. In particular, he always helps me to find lost articles. My grateful thanks to St. Anthony for helping me to find my driving licence just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment