The State of Virginity

The State of Virginity
I should like you to be free of all worries. The unmarried man is busy with the Lord's affairs, concerned with pleasing the Lord; but the married man is busy with this world's demands and occupied with pleasing his wife. This means he is divided. The virgin - indeed, any unmarried woman - is concerned with things of the Lord, in pursuit of holiness in body and spirit. The married woman, on the other hand, has the cares of this world to absorb her and concerned with pleasing her husband. I am going into this with you for your own good. I have no desire to place restrictions on you, but I do want to promote what is good, what will help you to devote yourselves entirely to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TESTIMONY OF FATHER LUKA SUSAC

Father Luka Susac was born on the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 1922. He attended school in Ljubuski and Siroki Brijeg. He completed his theological studies in Zagreb, where he was ordained in 1947.

He served as associate pastor in Mostar for two years, as pastor in Konjic for four years, as guardian and pastor of the monastery of Humac for six years, as pastor in Vitina for ten years, and as pastor in Medjugorje for six years. Today, Father Luka is a member of a pastoral team in the major Franciscan parish and monastery of Humac.

TESTIMONY OF FR. LUKA SUSAC
Regularly, every day, four Franciscan priests from the monastery of Humac - Frs. Janko Bubalo, Vinko Dragicevic, Stanko Vasilj, and I - go to Medjugorje to help hear confessions. October 22, 1981, was no different from any other day, until late afternoon.

We arrived st Medjugorje about 4:15, and I had just parked the car in front of the parish rectory when Fr. Zrinko Cuvalo, the acting pastor, asked me to stay at the parish office before we began to hear confessions. Many people had been stopping at the office to talk with the local priests, and Fr. Cuvalo asked me to help out because I had been pastor of the parish for more than six years (previous to the apparitions of Our Lady) and knew the parishioners, and, presumably, was familiar with many local problems.

I went into the office, to await the expected parishioners, and in an idle moment glanced through a window toward the hill of Krizevac. I noticed, instead of a cross. what seemed to be a white pillar of bright light, which soon took on the contour or outline of a woman. I immediately called for Fr. Tomislav Vlasic to come to the office and look through the window. "Look toward Krizevac!" I almost shouted. He looked for a moment, then left the room and returned with a pair of binoculars, with which we examined the unusual light. Then Frs. Janko and Stanko came to the window and the four of us took turns looking through the binoculars. I had two turns with the binoculars.

Looking through the window with the binoculars, I saw what seemed to be a statue of a woman with her arms extended, looking toward the parish church. Rather than "statue" perhaps I would say "outline," for I could not make out the eyes, or mouth, or hair. At times, it seemed, the figure bowed to her left, then to her right. The figure was visible for approximately half an hour.

It would be inaccurate to say simply that I was excited; throughout my body coursed a sensation of joy - an awareness of joy - or maybe pure joy itself. I remember a thought that passed through my mind: "This is a reward from Our Lady for our exhausting four months of hearing confessions in Medjugorje."

Many pilgrims, in and outside the church, also saw this unusual appearance. Those who had been inside the church came out on the lawn, and everybody was kneeling, praying, singing, and uttering gasps of joy. All heads were turned toward Krizevac and all faces were bright with exultation.

I am willing to confirm the truthfulness of this testimony by oath any time!

(signed) Fr. Luka Susac

Father Luka Susac died September 21, 1997, as he was dressing himself to celebrate Holy Mass.

(Excerpted from the book entitled "The Apparitions of Our Lady at Medjugorje" by Father Svetozar Kraljevic, pages 193 - 195.)

Is Our Lady of Medjugorje a hoax? Is Medjugorje real? These are the questions that many unbelievers seem to be asking. So, what can we deduce from Father Luka Susac's testimony? Many pilgrims had actually seen this unusual event with their own eyes. They have already seen Our Lady. How can She not be real? How can she be a hoax? Think of it!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Livinia,
    I really liked your website. I am an ex-teacher who have been in the profession for 40 years but on pension for these last ten years. You are living a marvellous life and with what you write on your site you are edifying a lot of people like myself. May the good Lord bless you and preserve you in His love. Livinia please remember me in your prayers.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete